A Unified Multi-Purpose Identification (UMID) Card is one of the newest types of government issued IDs which serves as a single card for the members of SSS, GSIS, PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG. If you want to get your UMID Card, this guide contains the general requirements and procedure on how to process it.
A UMID Card is considered as a 4-in-1 card since it can be used by the members of the government agencies mentioned above for any possible transactions. This was created to organize the identification system of the government agencies and government-owned and controlled corporations (GOCCs). The core of the UMID System is the Social Security System (SSS).
The card is free for the first application. Moreover, this is a primary valid ID that is acceptable in all government and non-government offices to verify your true identity. It is quite convenient to use 1 card for the 4 agencies and comfortable for the wallet, too. Every member of SSS should get this one.
For government employees, you may apply for a UMID card in the GSIS Enrollment Center. For private employees and self-employed individuals, proceed to the nearest SSS Branch to get your card.
UMID Card Requirements
- Bring at least 1 of the 4 primary valid IDs or Documents listed below (bring the original and 1 photo copy).
- Driver’s License
- PRC Card
- Seaman’s Book
- If you have no primary ID, submit 2 of the secondary documents listed below (bring the originals and each photo copy).
- Postal ID
- TIN ID
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Voter’s Identification Card/Affidavit/Certificate of Registration
- School or Company ID
- Permanent Residency ID
- Transcript of School Records
- Senior Citizen Card
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
- Marriage Contract
- Membership Card issued by private companies
- Overseas Worker Welfare Administration Card
- ATM card
- Credit card
- Bank Account Passbook
- Temporary License issued by Land Transportation Office (LTO)
- Fisherman’s Card issued by the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR)
- GSIS Card/Member’s Record/Certificate of Membership
- Health or Medical Card
- ID Card issued by LGUs (e.g. Barangay/ Municipal/City)
- ID Card issued by professional association recognized by PRC
- Pag-IBIG Member’s Data Form
- PHIC Member’s Data Record
- Seafarer’s Registration Certificate issued by the Philippine Overseas Employment Authority (POEA)
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Certificate of Licensure/Qualification Documents/Seafarer’s ID & Record Book from Maritime Industry Authority
- Certificate of Naturalization from the Bureau of Immigration
- Life Insurance Policy
- The UMID Card Application Form.
- SSS Number – this is indicated in your E1 Form (the number located at the upper right in the color pink form when you first applied in SSS).
How to Get UMID Card
- Bring the requirements and go to the nearest SSS Branch.
- Fill up the UMID Card Application Form.
- Submit form to the right staff (verification counter).
- After the verification, proceed to take ID picture, electronic signature and finger print scan.
- A small slip will be given to you with the estimated date of delivery of your card on the address indicated on your application form.
Make sure to double check all the information you’ve entered in the application form before you submit it. Always indicate N/A for any require but not applicable data. In the address, (in some case) it is not allowed to make the delivery in the company address you are currently working. It should be the address where you live.
The UMID Card should be delivered in your address in at least 1 or 3 months. Mostly, it just takes few weeks from request date to arrive . If the estimated card delivery date written on the slip had passed and did not arrive in your address, it is recommended to visit the SSS branch where you applied for the card. If their data shows that it has been delivered, go to the PhilPost Office in your city/town and it should be there.
Those are the requirements and procedure on How to get a UMID Card. If you have concerns or additional useful information, do let us know in comment below.