A Non-Professional Driver’s License is an official document issued by the Land Transportation Office (LTO) of the Philippines which authorizes the license holder to operate a private motor vehicle. This is the type of driver’s license most people get since they just want to drive their own motorcycles or lightweight cars on the streets.
Applicants may only apply for a Non-Professional Driver’s License 30 days after the acquisition of Student Permit. This is a bit challenging and exciting at the same time since on top of the requirements, applicants have to pass the Written Examination as well as the Practical Examination or driving test. So its better to be knowledgeable about the traffic rules and regulations and be equipped with good driving skills.
To help you out, this article contains necessary information about the qualifications, requirements, fees and step by step guide to get a Non-Professional Driver’s License. Make sure to read and understand carefully.
Non-Professional Driver’s License Qualifications
- At least 18 years old.
- Physically and mentally fit to operate a motor vehicle.
- Can read and write English, Filipino or Local Dialect.
Non-Professional Driver’s License Requirements
- Accomplished Application Form for Driver’s License (ADL). Downloadable Form.
- Student Permit (SP) issued at least thirty (30) days prior to the application.
- *Medical Certificate with official receipt issued by a licensed physician.
- Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN) if currently employed.
*The LTO will not accept a Medical Certificate which is over 15 days old.
How to Get Non-Professional Driver’s License
- Locate the nearest LTO Licensing Office in your area and bring your requirements. Make sure to dress properly. Wearing of sando, sports shorts, and slippers during photo-taking and examinations will not be allowed.
- Go to the Customer Service Counter then get your requirements checklist, Application Form for Driver’s License (click the download link on the requirements section above), and queue number.
- When your number or name is called, go to the Evaluator Counter to have your requirements checked.
- Go to the directed booth where your photo and signature will be taken.
- Proceed to the Cashier to pay for the required fees.
- Go to the Examination Room for the lecture and Written Examination in the form of the Basic Driving Theory Test for Non-Professional Driver’s License.
- If you have passed the exam, you will be immediately called to take the Practical Driving Test for the Restriction Code/s applied. (*Restriction codes are used to categorize motor vehicles you may drive such as motorcycle, lightweight to heavyweight cars.)
- If you pass the Practical Driving Test, your Non-Professional Driver’s License shall be released. Go to the Releasing Counter, present your Official Receipt and claim your license.
Non-Professional Driver’s License Fees
In case you fail the Written Examination on Basic Driving Theory Test for Non-Professional Driver’s License and/or Practical Driving Test in your first attempt, you can apply again after 1 month. If you fail twice within the period of 1 year, you can apply again 1 year after the last application. If you fail for the third time, you can apply again after 2 years.
A Non-Professional Driver’s License is valid for 5 years wherein the expiration is based on your birthday of the expiry year.
That was the step by step guide on How to Get Non-Professional Driver’s License. Should you have any questions in mind, share it on comment section.