The Postal ID Card is one of the newest government-issued ID cards in the Philippines by the Philippine Postal Corporation or commonly known as PhilPost. The card serves as a Valid ID in the Philippines recognized by financial institutions, government and non-government agencies as a person’s proof of identity in their transactions.
Citizens of the Philippines can get Postal ID Card fast and easy. Applicants can just comply the 2 requirements, accomplish the application form, pay for the card application fee and wait for few days to be delivered in their doorsteps.
Due to the vulnerability of the old paper-based Postal ID Card to be copied and reproduced, the new card type of card is made more reliable infused with electronic security features similar to ATM Cards and added technologies. To successfully get your Postal ID Card, read carefully the information and instructions below.
Postal ID Requirements
- One (1) Proof of Identity
- Birth Certificate (NSO or Local Civil Registry)
- Driver’s License
- UMID Card
- Marriage Certificate for married wife (*required)
- In the absence of any required IDs/Documents above, you may provide at least 2 of the following supporting IDs/Documents with at least of 1 them has your photo and signature (original and photocopy):
- Valid NBI Clearance
- Valid Police Clearance
- BIR ID
- Tax Identification Number Card
- Voter’s ID
- PhilHealth ID
- Pag-Ibig ID
- Senior Citizen ID
- Baptismal Certificate
- College or Post-Graduate Transcript of Records
- Confirmation Certificate
- Elementary or High School Form 137
- Alumni ID
- College, School or University ID
- Company ID
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
- Valid OWWA ID
- Valid PRC ID
- Valid Paper-based Postal ID
- Valid Seaman’s Book
- One (1) Proof of Address
- Barangay Certificate of Residency
- Utility Bill (electric bill, water bill, etc.)
- Bank Statement
In the first requirement (1 Proof of Identity), if you don’t have a Birth Certificate or any of the first list, you can bring at least 2 of the supporting documents/IDs such as NBI Clearance, Police Clearance and several options on the secondary list.
In the second requirement (1 Proof of Address), you need a Barangay Certificate of Residency or any Utility Bills to prove your residential address. Make sure to photocopy each of the IDs/documents you have on hand.
Postal ID Card Application Fee
|Postal ID Card + Delivery||₱450|
|Total Fixed Payment||₱504|
The total fixed price in requesting a Postal ID Card is ₱504.
Postal ID Card Delivery
|15 Working Days||Around Metro Manila|
|20 Working Days||Other major cities and municipalities|
|30 Working Days||Island provinces and remote barangays|
Well, there were applicants who even got their ID cards in just 7 days. The table above is just an approximate but the card should be delivered in your address in 30 days or less.
How to Get Postal ID Card
- Fill up 2 copies of the Postal ID Card Application Form which you can get in the nearest Post Office or download online: Download Postal ID Card Application Form.
- Bring the requirements and application form to the nearest Postal ID Capture Stations: List of Postal ID Capture Stations Nationwide.
- Submit your application form, requirements and pay for the application fee.
- Proceed to photo capturing and finger print scanning area.
- Wait for your Postal ID Card to be delivered at the registered address for few days.
The validity of Postal ID Card is 3 years.
That was the requirements, application instructions, and useful information on How to Get Postal ID Card. Should you have any questions or clarifications, use the comment section to share your thoughts about this.